Summary: aMember is a membership management system that allows you to sell subscription-based products or one-time purchase products. It includes some mailing list capabilities and has an affiliate program built-in.
The membership management system by aMember is a one-time purchase (rather than a monthly subscription) and CGI-central, the creators of the product, will install and set up your first product for free.
Current Price: $179.95, including free installation.
Regular Price: $199.95
aMember comes with plenty of features and here are some of the key ones:
• Ability to sell subscription-based and one-time purchase products.
• Password protection of products and memberships.
• Automatically handles subscriptions and cancellations.
• Create free memberships.
• Add custom fields to sign up forms and member profiles.
• Customers can log into their account and add more products quickly and easily.
• Affiliate program is built-in.
• Ability to set up different commissions for each product; specify commissions on first and subsequent subscription payments; and optional 2nd tier set up.
• Ability to email customers and set up autoresponder messages for each product.
• Easy import and export of data.
• Customizable sales and other reports.
• Integrates with many 3rd party payment processors including PayPal, 2Checkout and various merchant accounts. There are over 60 integrations available.
• Can handle offline payments.
• Create coupons that expire after a certain number of uses, by date or allow lifetime use.
• Customizable look and feel.
• Set up and collect unlimited types of sales taxes.
• Ability to ban email addresses, IPs and countries.
• Can be set up in a variety of different languages.
• Allows for sequential content, with additional plug in.
The aMember website includes a full list of integrations, but here are some of them. Note that some plugins are free and others come with an additional cost.
• Integrates with over 60 payment processors
• Picture galleries: 4Images, Coppermine
• Autoresponder integration: Autoresponse Plus, @ Mail, ListMail Pro and Aweber (partial integration).
• Content Management Systems: Drupal, WordPress, Mambo, Joomla
• Support Ticket Systems: Kayako and Perldesk
• Course Management / Learning: Moodle and eFront
• Message Board Forums: phpBB, FudForum, FusionBB and vBulletin.
Ease of Use and Overall Thoughts:
aMember is relatively easy to use and configure, but can be overwhelming at first. There is free installation and they will also configure your payment processor and first product for you, making it much easier to get started. The look and feel of aMember is highly-customizable, but requires a bit of technical know-how. However, for day-to-day use and set up products, aMember is a very powerful member management system that can be managed by someone without a lot of technical knowledge.